X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Security.

EDITED by ZTHorse 3/8/2019

GENERAL POSTING
    1. Do not use an identifiable avatar. This includes faces, tattoos, fursuits (especially if they are not yours)

2. Review every picture, every video you post multiple times. Look for identifiable things; houses, barns, unique saddles, collars with or without tags, pictures, furniture, mail, packages, collectibles, mirrors or anything can reflect your face or body, absolutely anything that can be used as identification.

3. If you have a unique pet, be very, very careful. If you have posted normal pictures anywhere, like facebook, twitter, ect., do not post him here or anywhere zoo themed. Even if you delete the social media pics, it's too late. ( Familiarize yourself with Reverse Image Search, what it is, and how it can be used against you )

4. Be careful with the information you post. Anyone with enough patience can piece together little things through pictures, descriptions, email addresses, anything to pinpoint who you are.

5. Use an email that is not attached to anything. Do not use real name, and do not setup a password recovery phone number or alternate email. Make yourself an absolute stand alone free email account and do not use it for anything else but zoo. Not even furry or fursuit related sites or accounts.

ONLINE SECURITY
    1. Public IP addresses can be used to track your general location. We Recommend a VPN service like Nord VPN to mask your IP. ALWAYS USE VPN!

2. Use Strong Passwords on your ZooVille Account.

3. Use an Encrypted email service like protonmail.com vs the large ones like yahoo.com or gmail.com for zoo related activity.

4. Whatsapp and Discord are NOT recommended services for private off-site chat. They have been known to be leaked and report info on users.

5. Telegram and Signal are considered safe in of themselves, however always used a VPN when logging onto telegram and also be wary of phishing for your IP address with external HTML links. This has been used before to catch users NOT using VPN on telegram or Signal.

6. Public telegram links to group chats are allowed here on zooville if you own a group (see site rules), however be aware that bestiality is illegal in many countries. Law enforcement can phish users out into private chats is a common way to trace and doxx your identity. TRUST and RESPONSIBILITY is on your hands for whomever private chats you join.
    Last edited by SloppyTac0; 03-22-2019, 02:47 PM.

Thank You , Oldman....

Comment

Remember to be careful with metadata contained in files. It is easy to delete EXIF's in jpg files, but what metadata is or can be found stored in the different video formats?

Comment

Originally posted by ikanon View Post
        Remember to be careful with metadata contained in files. It is easy to delete EXIF's in jpg files, but what metadata is or can be found stored in the different video formats?
        It seems like most video does have metada as well, its going to depend on the recorder. Where it's stored is the tricky part as its interlaced with the video if I'm not mistaken. I will have to research this a little further when i get home and I'll post again.

Comment

From what I know .flv is the format with least metadata. All video files have neccesary metadata for the player to play correctly - frame rate, resolution, sound resolution, but I have not been able to find what most common video file formats store other than that, I would call it 'gossip information'like the EXIF's i .jpg. They are no necessary to show the picture, but convenient for some and dangerous for others.

Comment

Originally posted by ikanon View Post
            From what I know .flv is the format with least metadata. All video files have neccesary metadata for the player to play correctly - frame rate, resolution, sound resolution, but I have not been able to find what most common video file formats store other than that, I would call it 'gossip information'like the EXIF's i .jpg. They are no necessary to show the picture, but convenient for some and dangerous for others.
            I believe mostly all video files and of course images of all formats store metadata.
            Many of the stuff stored in them is slightly different for the format. Such as exposure, ISO, camera type, etc. Even serial numbers of the device used.
            If equipped, it can take down GPS data.
            There is away of removing it, but there's also away to remove it just by right clicking on the file and going to properties. Then "Details" and on the bottom "Remove metadata and Personal Information.
            "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."

Comment

use throwaway free email accounts like protonmail and yandex. also use tor if possible.

Comment

Thank you Oldman, All this information is very interesting and above all very important. Thanks again.
                "Inasmuch as one thing suits our nature, she is necessarily good." - Baruch Spinoza -

Comment

I feel like I need to add that people should not be using KIK for zoo activities or even referencing zoo on there. KIK will share your info with police.

Comment

Very useful informations. Excellent job, Oldman.

Best advice from the old Beastforum: If you post something self-incriminating on the net, it's your own damn fault, period. Sanitize properly or don't post it...

Comment

Working...
                    X