Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna see what real horsepower looka like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna see what real horsepower looka like?

I found this on Reddit.
    Attached Files

Couldnt open file ?

Comment

Do you mean can't download or can't open the complete file after you get it? It shows four drafties pulling an eighteen wheeler out of the ditch.

Comment

Heavy horses!

Comment

I could open the file. 4x4x4 hooves do the job for a truck stuck in snow. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Offroadtruckim View Post
            Couldnt open file ?
            MP4 should be played by any media player. Download VLC Player and you will never have problems with any codec ever.

Search for "horse pulling" on youtube. It's like tractor pulling, but with draft horses.
            hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjCWNUVV1MI

Comment

Here's another one. Fifteen grown men vs one horse.
              Attached Files

Comment

But that shows clearly how stupid "horse power" as a measuring unit is. A horse as up to 20hp, not 1.
                Last edited by Vermilion; 02-15-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Ebonstar
                  Ebonstar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not really stupid when you know the purpose behind it.
                  A 'horsepower' was not originally meant to be the most work a horse could do in a brief moment. It was meant to be a measure of what one horse could do SUSTAINED. As living labor machines, this was the unit of measure which was meant to accurately estimate what you could expect to get out of your horse over a long period of time, probably a full day's work.

• Vermilion
                  Vermilion commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's still stupid, because it let the common men to believe, that horse are much weaker as they are, and that since 100 years. It's stupid because a practical measuring unit needs a constant as a base. It's called horse power, not "10 hour random pit pony shift x2" power.
                  It may be somewhat plausible in the historical context, but there is a point why we keep our units as abstract as possible, today.
                  By the way, Horse Power was not invented to honor the performance of horses, but as an advertisement to replace them with steam engines.
                  Last edited by Vermilion; 02-17-2019, 09:37 PM.

You have to remember that the original horse (for horsepower purposes) was a mine horse lifting ore.

Comment

The file downloaded just fine but then Win Media Player gets a Codec error meg as follows Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. I guess I will try the VLC Player where is the official and safe place to download that. Have Win 7 on this baby. Win Media Player v 12.0.7601 but ohter MP4 have been playing just fine..the original copywright is from 2009. LOL

Comment

Wow awsome videos of the strength of a horse just imaginge a car whem they say it has 15k horse powers lol
                    Time is the only illusion before me

ZooSexuals Ethics and Morality: group link =======>>>https://www.zooville.org/social-grou...morality-group

Comment

Working...
                    X