Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the orange meter under user's pics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the orange meter under user's pics?

I am sorry if this has been written about somewhere but I can't figure out what it is supposed to be. The orange meter under user's Pics & Names. Mine's empty, but I have seen others with it partially or completely full.

I know BF used to have both Reputation and Warn meters but I have no clue what it is here...

Tried to use search function but still have had no luck. Thanks.
    If you like my content please consider donating!! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside and that my stuff is appreciated. It also helps buy better recording equipment :]

BCH Address: 1386itw4uxG5wrEERGBwUb33NJm9wmQPUw (For BitCash Donations)

BTC Address: 18SsXwNtkQtjHgXJ5wXZZjJJFFjT9ZQPKr (For Bitcoin Donations)

i think maybe its showing how close you are to the next little user title? like Alpha and Beta and Puppy so on?

Comment

Originally posted by vic96 View Post
      i think maybe its showing how close you are to the next little user title? like Alpha and Beta and Puppy so on?
      A valid theory but just reached alpha with my last comment yet my bar has been completely empty this whole time on the site. Yours is almost half full though.
      If you like my content please consider donating!! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside and that my stuff is appreciated. It also helps buy better recording equipment :]

Comment

• vic96
        vic96 commented
        Editing a comment
        oh huh ­čÖéthen i have no idea haha sorry!

• TheBestGuy
        TheBestGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        It wasn't a bad guess.

It signifies a user's reputation, I believe.

Comment

I believe it is calculated according to the total number of "likes" your posts have received. - There are graduated levels of how many likes per "rung" or "bar" on the "bar-graph".

If you hover the mouse pointer over them, a title-popup will give an interesting little "comment" (for lack of a better term).

If you have had any experience working on BBS software (like PHPBB, vBulletin, etc.) on a website, there are customizable admin settings where you can set the conditions of when a member's bar graph advances another notch. The same basic mechanism is used to render the member's status or "grade" on a forum, only the output is textual rather than graphical.

- Pan
        There are times I wish to be as an animal, myself. Human life has become too complex, and sometimes very irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by PansFriendOfTheForest View Post
          I believe it is calculated according to the total number of "likes" your posts have received. - There are graduated levels of how many likes per "rung" or "bar" on the "bar-graph".

If you hover the mouse pointer over them, a title-popup will give an interesting little "comment" (for lack of a better term).

If you have had any experience working on BBS software (like PHPBB, vBulletin, etc.) on a website, there are customizable admin settings where you can set the conditions of when a member's bar graph advances another notch. The same basic mechanism is used to render the member's status or "grade" on a forum, only the output is textual rather than graphical.

- Pan
          I would say that it being based off likes wouldn't make sense to me either as so far I have recieved probably 100-150 likes if not more with no bar yet I have seen people with 30 comments and a few likes have several bars full. Unless there is a different factor I am missing.

I can't hover over it though as on mobile.

Comment

• PansFriendOfTheForest
            Editing a comment
            Anything is possible at this point.

I am not sure what software they are using for rendering this website, and I have not played around with vBulletin yet, just PHPBB 3.

And I am curious as to how you find out a member's total "likes" on these boards? - It seems that one's grand total of "likes" is what helps determine one's "reputation".

- Pan
            Last edited by PansFriendOfTheForest; 08-13-2019, 06:51 PM.

Originally posted by Seabiscuit View Post
          It signifies a user's reputation, I believe.
          That's what I thought too, but if so how is it determined?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBestGuy View Post

I would say that it being based off likes wouldn't make sense to me either as so far I have recieved probably 100-150 likes if not more with no bar yet I have seen people with 30 comments and a few likes have several bars full. Unless there is a different factor I am missing.

I can't hover over it though as on mobile.
            Here is an example of what I mean. This user has only 65 post. I went back and counted the likes total on all their comments which was about 10 TOTAL! Yet still they have two orange bars... It's really weird...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_195143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	271435

Comment

• TheBestGuy
              TheBestGuy commented
              Editing a comment

• PansFriendOfTheForest
              Editing a comment
              Well, that's commitment I would say.

"So where do we go from here Mr. Holmes?" LOL!

- Pan

• TheBestGuy
              TheBestGuy commented
              Editing a comment
              Luckily I was able to easily search their comments and see likes on the same page.

Forwarding this to one of the admins. Not much I can see when viewing your profile through the backend.
            "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."

Comment

Originally posted by dogluver101 View Post
              Forwarding this to one of the admins. Not much I can see when viewing your profile through the backend.
              Thanks, I'll be curious to what they say.

Comment

I always thought it was based on likes for your reputation. Mine would keep going up with more likes, but it takes a lot of likes to fill it up.
                I've my account set to remember my pass and always have me logged in to save time! You've a 50/50 chance if I'm actually on or not.
                I can be bad about answering DMs because anxiety, bear with me.
                And to the few people who asked, you can't find my avatar anywhere because I drew it myself c:
                Thank you and bless!

Comment

Originally posted by DoggieDarling View Post
                  I always thought it was based on likes for your reputation. Mine would keep going up with more likes, but it takes a lot of likes to fill it up.
                  As said above I have over 250post with over 100 likes with no bar while someone else has 10 likes Total and 70 post and has two bars. If it did have to do with likes it is in some very strange way.

Comment

Sounds to me like another good informational topic/post?

- Pan
                    There are times I wish to be as an animal, myself. Human life has become too complex, and sometimes very irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by PansFriendOfTheForest View Post
                      Sounds to me like another good informational topic/post?

- Pan
                      Yeah consider the Super Mod is stumped too lol

Comment

These red pips beneath our usernames represent the user reputation power. Just as Pan correctly said, ZV reputation system is based on number
                      of Likes. The more Likes, the more red reputation meter bars show up. ZTHorse has given no information about how much reputation does each bar
                      represent, and/or how many Likes do we have to accumulate to get a bar.

Comment

Working...
                      X