Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price of a Zoo Lifestyle - How much $$$$$ Do you spend supporting your mates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of a Zoo Lifestyle - How much $$$$$ Do you spend supporting your mates?

Question: What current animal mates do you care for and what is the yearly cost's associated with their care? (Food, Vet, Housing, Boarding, etc...)
    0-100$
    5.56%
    100-1,000$
    12.96%
    1,000-2,500$
    33.33%
    2,500-5000$
    24.07%
    5,000-10,000$
    11.11%
    10,000-25,000$
    5.56%
    25,000-50,000$
    0%
    100,000$+
    7.41%

Zoophilia is Freedom - ZThorse Interview on ZTT.

I spend just under $3000 per year supporting my two doggies including food, meds, and the vet. Probably closer to $4000 including toys and stuff. I am actually thinking about switching vets because if I recall correctly, my vet visits at my old vet where I used to live were far less than $400 per dog.
    Do yourself a favor and have some substance.

Comment

In what time frame?

Comment

Originally posted by wolf-fucker View Post
        In what time frame?
        Yearly costs were mentioned lol
        Do yourself a favor and have some substance.

Comment

With two English mastiffs, we spend about 1500 a year on vet visits, vaccinations, medications, and dental. They eat a LOT, so food is the biggest expense at around 5000 a year. Then there are all the toys and treats and such. I would say the annual cost for just one of them would be about 3500.

Comment

I usually spend about 1800-2000 on my English Setter per year...I could probably reduce the costs quite a bit, but I believe that nothing is too expensive to make my love feel good and comfortable and to keep him healthy <3

Comment

We spend roughly $1600/yr per dog and roughly $400/yr per equine if I toss out the highest and lowest years.

As for the extreme, the highest cost of a single dog in a year was a tad under $10,000 due to cancer (with many years of quality living since then...and still counting!)
              If we did not do any of our veterinary care at home, I would expect the average cost to be perhaps 20% higher, but we manage much of the routine care ourselves.

Comment

I end up spending about $2,000 a year on my three pups. Thankfully I have a friend that works at the Vet, so they check my dogs for free. Any meds or treatments I do have to pay for, so if they get sick, that price will go up a bit.

The most I've ever had to spend on one of my dogs was $1,300 for an emergency hysterectomy. She ended up having complications after she gave birth, but she made it through.
                I long for the day when I no longer need to hide my true self; my deep love for animals.

Some of my stuff:
                https://www.zooville.org/forum/gener...me-and-my-girl

Comment

These are why I can't own more than one or two animals at a time... Too expensive!

Comment

I’ve never calculated this exactly, but roughly I would say it’s about 8000. The costs can vary, mostly it all depends on quality of the food (with big boys like mine)
                    of course vet visits, vitamins toys, trips ... it all accumulates. But everyone can agree it’s so worth it. Your best friends happiness, looks and well being is priceless... for everything else there is ...

Comment

In the last three months, my girl had two tumours removed. That was 2x £1250 in care at the vet, for a nearly 6 year old mastiff / dane cross bitch is not what many would opted for.

Comment

In the USA the price of my zoo beliefs and lifestyle and the free exercise there of, are free.
                        Animal ownership is not a freedom, it is a right, but not an obligation.
                        I could not feel right or free if I was disproportionately expressing animal ownership and it's costs in replacement of my most important right to exercise free zoo beliefs and their associated practices.
                        Last edited by Rainwolfk; 04-06-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Whos the guy who spends 100K+ on their animals? Love to hear his input.

Zoophilia is Freedom - ZThorse Interview on ZTT.

Comment

Certainly not me. My mare costs me next to nothing and just blew away the competition in a Dressage show.

Comment

For me, it depends entirely on how many vet visits I'll have to go to, or what needs to be done. My little fuzzy monsters can get expensive when they're having health issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X