Is making out with a dog unhealthy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is making out with a dog unhealthy?

I'm talking about tongue to tongue stuff not just small kisses in the lips. I'm not an owner yet but I'm preparing myself.

I would say as long as your dog is fine in health, and hasn't gotten into anything like a dead animal. It's fine. I wouldn't immediately kiss a dog if one got into a dead animal, of course. But strays on the other hand, imo I would stay wary of.
    Many dogs I've kissed over the years haven't shown any negative outcomes.

Of course, you'll always here the stereotype that dogs are always licking their ass. Never had a dog do that, as it could possibly be diet, or other reasons which can be fixed. So unless you like rim jobs. Never had a problem there.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."

Comment

In general no. There are - as always - caveats like zoonoses and what dogluver said that the dog tongue is a mere proxy.

For zoonoses you can simply google that word and include dogs into the search. Regular people who have a dog the regular way as a pet also have this problem, so there are sources on that. The proxy stuff will also show up with this search. A typical example would be that the dog rummaged around outside, got fox-worm/spoolworm eggs onto his nose and then dapped those eggs into your mouth. You can also pick up people-deseases if two people kiss the same dog. You see the mechanism.

You can also google for animals and public health to find good discussions on such problems.

But in general no - if you know the dog and know where he/she has been today, there shouldn't be any unusual problems.

Comment

• PansFriendOfTheForest
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't be too trusting of "Google" these days. I find it more difficult to even find any Natural Health related articles anymore.

It seems that even our biggest search-engines are starting to decide what content gets any exposure in the SERP's.

- Pan

I think this dude is just a troll 😒

Comment

• Espedus
        Espedus commented
        Editing a comment
        Well yeah... 👍

• Burner1lmao
        Burner1lmao commented
        Editing a comment
        Im not lol, if it's because of my username, I made it like that because in the beginning I just wanted to see some images, but now I'll keep it for other questions I might have in the future

• Pferdefreund
        Pferdefreund commented
        Editing a comment
        Nobody cares either way. The only worthy thing about a profile on an anonymous forum is always that it either has new media, or posts interesting information/novel thoughts.

I have never had problems intimately kissing a dog before. I'd be careful if they just ate something nasty though...

Comment

• Pferdefreund
        Pferdefreund commented
        Editing a comment
        Considering that many many millions of people are dog-owners and that a noticable fraction of these has their dogs licking their faces (because they find it sweet or the dog simply has that 'vice') - and the newspapers aren't full of thousands of cases where these pets gave health problems to their owners, we can be very certain the problem is almost non-existent.

Well as with anything in life there are always risks, however remote. In general you'll be fine, millions of people get doggie kisses in one way or another without any issues. But just like the possibility of getting hit by lightning on a sunny day abnormal things can crop up. Here recently a woman had to have body parts amputated due to the bacteria in the dogs saliva getting into an open wound.

So is the risk vs reward worth it is the real question, driving to work or getting on an airplane is probably way more dangerous than this activity.
      A little lick from a puppy may have led to a life-threatening infection for one woman in Ohio, who ended up needing her hands and legs amputated.

Comment

• PansFriendOfTheForest
        Editing a comment
        The "media" love to hyper-exaggerate all our fears.

If a dog is very healthy, and the interaction is not right after they have cleaned themselves (for example), there should be very little risk involved - unless the human being is immune-deficient/compromised.

Dogs have a natural disinfectant quality in their saliva. This is also why when they lick their wounds, this helps to disinfect them and promote quicker healing. (I BET many of our "health experts" will never admit to that!)

- Pan

Combination of last two posts reminds me of that week years ago where anti-zoos thought they had found a sure-fire argument against us: We are a public health risk! Therefore we must be forbidden, because we represent such a gigantic risk of introducing animal bacteria/virusses into the populace.

And the one newspaper article here of something bad happening in this regard contains: The woman wasn't a zoo (presumably), it was a "random and rare occurrence", the bigger problem to begin with in the problem complex is a weakend immune system and a port of entry like an open cut, and the woman was the sole one affected by "her actions".

Statistically, millions of normal pet-owners and professional farmers etc are the more likely cause, if this happens. But see how they all scream against "normal petownership" for being a public health risk...

Comment

• PansFriendOfTheForest
        Editing a comment
        There are many woefully ignorant people out there, parroting from other woefully ignorant people.

Besides,

What better way to try to control others' behaviors, than by "hyping" all those FEARS. After all, the "church", politics, and many other such type organizations and groups are expert as using FEAR to control the masses.

- Pan

Kinda like the joke everything in California gives you cancer. We all gona die at some point, just do you want to live in a plastic bubble or actually go out and enjoy life? Ya only get to do it once so make it count

Comment

• PansFriendOfTheForest
        Editing a comment
        Or that White Rats in Canada die very young?

- Pan

I've kissed three different dogs for about a decade, and I've never had any problems from it.

But like others have said, that doesn't mean something CAN'T happen; it's just very, very unlikely if you and the dog are healthy and clean.
      I long for the day when I no longer need to hide my true self; my deep love for animals.

Some of my stuff:
      https://www.zooville.org/forum/gener...me-and-my-girl

Comment

Depends on the dog if the dog is healthy and kept up to date on shots and dewormer and everything else it's probably just fine kissing him on the mouth and tongue as long as he allows you to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Burner1lmao View Post
          I'm talking about tongue to tongue stuff not just small kisses in the lips. I'm not an owner yet but I'm preparing myself.
          I make out with every dog that gets into my way. It includes neighbor's dogs, stray dogs, my own dogs, etc. I'm 40+ y/o, been doing it for 30+ years, and it seems ( ) I'm still healthy.

Comment

Working...
          X