What do you feed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you feed?

I though I'd ask what everyone is feeding their critters? Especially dog and cat owners? Its been extremely difficult lately finding anything that's both healthy and not outlandishly priced. That or I'll find a decent diet and then the company that makes it gets sold to someone else who then doesn't use as good of ingredients. Currently feeding Merrick wet & dry to the cats, and Merrick wet & Call of the Wild dry to the dogs. What do you recommend for a healthy diet?

I don't trust industrial food.

I give my cat "ugly" meat I buy from the local butcher with a part of rice to make some volume and give some vegetable fibers.
    To my crow, I give her what she want from the remains of my food.
    Last edited by Cephee; 02-09-2019, 05:18 AM.

Comment

My boy has James Wellbeloved. No gluten so it's perfect for his skin. Mix with makrel or sardine for evening feed and he absolutely loves it.

Comment

Earthborn for my pups mixed with ground venison they love it and its not to pricey

Comment

My girl gets Orijen Original

Comment

Mostly Orijen Acana Heritage, but one of my dogs is on the Pacifica because of his skin problems.
            I go through about 1,547 kg of dry dogfood a year, and innumerable beef canonbones, dog treats.
            Being a dog-lover is a very expensive hobby. Especially with Great Danes and Mastiffs.

Comment

I feed my dog with Hill's Science Diet Adult Advanced Fitness, is cheap, easy for her to digest and chew

Comment

I feed my lady dog Purina adult fitness dry food mixed with proper proportions of cooked rice, chopped boiled chicken, and boiled chopped cube steak. I also add some chopped vegies and sweet potato. Costs a little, but is worth it to me. She is healthy and her stool is well formed and proper color and she has no discharge. She is energetic and attentive.
                How you treat animals will tell me everything I need to know about you.

Comment

I used to have my dogs on Taste of the Wild grain free fish blend before the whole heavy metals scare. One of my dogs has lipomas and I'm worried they could have been caused by my choice in their food, but he's always had a bit of a sensitive stomach in terms of diet. Fish blended foods work well for him.
                  Now, I've got both of my dogs on Redford naturals grain free salmon blend. They love it and it has been just as good for their coat as TOTW was. Ideally I'd like to get them on a raw supplemented diet but at this point I haven't really been planning for one for them. I do give them whole boiled eggs, soup bones/trachea, and dried meats every now and then plus a bit of my food whenever I eat(they'll even eat lettuce lol) so maybe I'll get there at some point, but that's what they're on right now.
                  Do yourself a favor and have some substance.

Comment

Grain free dry food as the basic plus treats.

Comment

Myself! Just kidding, I feed my cat dry food but every so often I'll give him wet or actual fish and my two dogs are on grain free good cause one is allergic and every so often I'll give them wet food and treats

Comment

I feed my dogs Nutro Essentials. Its Generally $50 for a 30 pound bag (I go for the chicken blend but all of them have their benefits) but its been great for all my dogs digestive tracts and the company is known for putting a lot of care into their ingredients.

Comment

• VesperThorns
                          VesperThorns commented
                          Editing a comment
                          About how long does it last for your dogs? I'm planning out what food to get when I get my dog and that looks like a good brand to start.

• RoanMare
                          RoanMare commented
                          Editing a comment
                          FYI, Nutro is owned by the multinational J.M Smucker, if I recall correctly.

My lad gets fresh meat from my local butchers and he has a dry food mixer supplied from the local vets supplier
                        Last edited by MyK9Friend; 04-04-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Mine likes trueline variety and a tin of sardines mixed in.......oh and ........well you can guess what else he likes to eat 😁

Comment

My guys are on a mix of what ever I hunt ( roo, rabbit, deer or goats depending on what's Available at the time) and a cooprice as a base during the down times

Comment

• RoanMare
                              RoanMare commented
                              Editing a comment
                              TF is a "cooprice"? Bloody convicts and their perversion of the King's English. :P
                          Working...
                          X