X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zooville Chat

Our new chat system is operational!
    This chat is very unique to how most chats have been. This provides better security and encryption to give our members peace of mind.
    Members can have the option of using a software based app, or using the web based client to access the chat.
    Web Based chat - Click here (The forum and the chat is separate, usernames will not be on the chat server, unless you register it.)

Users can also make their own room! Once you joined, and created a room, you can use our link generator to make an invite link!
    https://beast.chat/_matrix/client/to/ The room #main:beast.chat

If you want to use a software based app to connect, look below.

The software to use to access this server is Riot IM. You'll have to use the server name in the server field "https://beast.chat" (without the quotes of course)
    Once you click save - You can then click sign up and enter in a username (The forum and the chat is separate, usernames will not be on the chat server, unless you register it.)
    An email/phone number is NOT required. An email is only for if you've forgotten your password. In case you forget your password and haven't placed an email, there is not away at this time to retrieve a reset.

Picture 1:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	95.0 KB ID:	57806
    Leave the Identity server the way it is.. Be sure to click the Advanced section to get to the custom server portion.

Picture 2:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	email.png Views:	1 Size:	139.2 KB ID:	57807
    This is where you will enter your username once you click "next"
    An email and phone number is NOT required. An email however is only required if you need to reset your password...
    Remember, if you forget your password, you may not be able to get back in... The way the server is setup, we do not have away of resetting passwords.
    Last edited by dogluver101; 04-25-2019, 08:04 PM.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."

Error 525 with Firefox and Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
      Error 525 with Firefox and Edge.
      Yep, I was doing some work with the web server and the chat.. It's back up now... Just now, you don't have to have a port number at the end of the domain. So with Edge/Riot, etc. Just simply putting https://beast.chat will work.

Web client works the same way, just shows extra stuff in the URL. Wish I could fix that, but don't think I can.

Comment

Damn, we're close. Still can't get in

Comment

I have three riot tabs open, still can't chat. Nothing else to do tonight lol

Comment

If you haven't changed the server field section, try it without the port number. I'm able to get in both with and without. Is it giving you any errors?

Comment

"No such child resource." The same in Firefox and Edge.
              Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                "No such child resource." The same in Firefox and Edge.
                Weird.
                Able to get the full page up by going to this link? https://beast.chat/_matrix/client/#/welcome
                May have to clear cache.

Comment

She's asking me to verify my device. I rarely get such a compliment! But no, not working.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	chat.png
Views:	1
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	22205 This is the issue i get

Comment

Originally posted by MyK9Friend View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	chat.png
Views:	1
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	22205 This is the issue i get
                      Try to get on again. May be clearing cookies/cache and attempting it. I'm not getting anything on my end when testing.

Comment

Originally posted by dogluver101 View Post

Try to get on again. May be clearing cookies/cache and attempting it. I'm not getting anything on my end when testing.
                        Yes i finally managed to get in. Thanks

Comment

the chat works, but it looks like the most convoluted thing I've ever seen. and that reminds me of a less convoluted app, I've used once.
                          Hope it is around for awhile all the same. Thanks for building the site. I can't guarantee I'll be on much, but since it's just starting out, I'm happy to check it out and see what's new.
                          Just a word of advice, sometimes browsers block the creation of your account due to the Recaptcha program. Just make sure you are using Chrome with as few extensions as possible when you are presented with those. Google takes paranoia to a whole new level lately and I can't get recaptcha to verify me using any other browser.
                          As far as trusted devices is concerned, it required me to enter my mobile number, my email address and a confirmation code using both devices. If you don't have an SMS enabled devices to receive texts, it's possible you will show up as unverified. I'm not sure if your own messages are going to be seen as coming from an unverified device, however the messages of other members show up that way.
                          this is a technical limitation, and does not represent in any way, the status of a zooville org member name, or status. the first room you'll want to look for, to say hello, is one called Lobby. That's where most of us will use as a general discussion area, less anyone has any better ideas. Seems like a nice app, as you can send files and do calls with it.
                          Course, any bugs with the app might not always be apparent. If you notice any, look for someone with the admin or moderator tag beside their username. A username itself to that effect cannot guarantee that alone, but that's more or less common knowledge. Perhaps, posting a list of trusted admin usernames as a pinned message will be useful for new members to feel safe and welcome.
                          To get to the lobby, when you sign in, look for the button with that text on it. I was able to successfully join from the web.

Comment

Originally posted by elshara View Post
                            the chat works, but it looks like the most convoluted thing I've ever seen. and that reminds me of a less convoluted app, I've used once.
                            Hope it is around for awhile all the same. Thanks for building the site. I can't guarantee I'll be on much, but since it's just starting out, I'm happy to check it out and see what's new.
                            Just a word of advice, sometimes browsers block the creation of your account due to the Recaptcha program. Just make sure you are using Chrome with as few extensions as possible when you are presented with those. Google takes paranoia to a whole new level lately and I can't get recaptcha to verify me using any other browser.
                            As far as trusted devices is concerned, it required me to enter my mobile number, my email address and a confirmation code using both devices. If you don't have an SMS enabled devices to receive texts, it's possible you will show up as unverified. I'm not sure if your own messages are going to be seen as coming from an unverified device, however the messages of other members show up that way.
                            this is a technical limitation, and does not represent in any way, the status of a zooville org member name, or status. the first room you'll want to look for, to say hello, is one called Lobby. That's where most of us will use as a general discussion area, less anyone has any better ideas. Seems like a nice app, as you can send files and do calls with it.
                            Course, any bugs with the app might not always be apparent. If you notice any, look for someone with the admin or moderator tag beside their username. A username itself to that effect cannot guarantee that alone, but that's more or less common knowledge. Perhaps, posting a list of trusted admin usernames as a pinned message will be useful for new members to feel safe and welcome.
                            To get to the lobby, when you sign in, look for the button with that text on it. I was able to successfully join from the web.
                            Honestly, not sure why needing a phone/email would make it verified. But the way I've seen it, you would have to verify devices in the room for them to show verified. Just like looking at your username in there. It's unverified to me. I would have to click verify and it has two ways of doing it. The legacy way, just making sure keys match. Or the interactive way, that shows icons to ensure they're both the same to both the users. Which people can just click verify anyway, and call it done.

I turned off the capcha, as I didn't realize it would cause problems with most people. Messages to other members will show as unverified to each person who hasn't verifed them. Past messages, will just show you don't have the encryption keys. So those are unavailable, no matter what you do.
                            I placed the mod names in the topic of the room. Admins have the orange badge, and mods have a gray badge.

Comment

Originally posted by elshara View Post
                              It is the most convoluting chat, tried to save the keys not getting it to work correctly

Comment

Working...
                              X