Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Security Tips

I summarize the most important points:

DON´T register at a zoo site with a internet persona (nickname) that you are reknown for at other places on the net
    DON´T USE an avatar, profile pic or any personal pic that you are reknown for using on non zoo sites
    DON´T register using your real name that is unique
    NEVER post an unobstructed face pic
    DON´T post pics that can be easily identified
    DON´T put a small town name as your location in your profile
    DON´T be specific about your personal life
    NEVER create a timeline for the public
    DON´T register with shared email address
    DON´T use a shared computer without clearing the history and cache each time you visit
    DON´T put your address, phone number or email address in your signature or profile

When you communicate with other members on this zoo site:

LOOK through a member's posting history to see if what they might be conveying to you is what their posts represent.
    TRY to find an answer to: Are they pleasant to all? Non-confrontational? Have they been accepted by the community
    and given likes? Do they have a high Like percentage in relation to their number of post? Do they participate actively
    with the community? How long have they been here? Does their profile reflect any information that they have relayed
    to you? What is their motive for contacting you and is there a less than admireable underlying motive?

There´s absolutely no need to hurry... TAKE THE TIME to get to know the community overall and its members...

STAY CLEAR OF CONTROVERSY on the forum - DON´T MAKE FOES... There is a good reason why we have mods to intervine - use
    PM option if there´s someone making trouble.

DON´T make a public spectacle of a situation! DON´T take your problem and blow it up by making a new topic about it!
    Using the PM system to a mod will save you a whole lot of grief.

ALWAYS BE AWARE that EVERYONE is paying attention to you. It is not wise to make yourself known as NEEDY, STARVED FOR
    ATTENTION. DON'T BEG FOR ATTENTION!

You can add your own tips. Thanks, and Good Luck!

Please feel free to read also Oldman´s Online Security Tips. Those are very useful additional informations...

Originally posted by Oldman View Post
    EDITED by ZTHorse 3/8/2019

GENERAL POSTING
    1. Do not use an identifiable avatar. This includes faces, tattoos, fursuits (especially if they are not yours)

2. Review every picture, every video you post multiple times. Look for identifiable things; houses, barns, unique saddles, collars with or without tags, pictures, furniture, mail, packages, collectibles, mirrors or anything can reflect your face or body, absolutely anything that can be used as identification.

(2A. Use an EXIF stripper program to delete EXIF data in your jpg files
    2B. Remove all metadata and personal Information from your media files)

Originally posted by dogluver101 View Post

I believe mostly all video files and of course images of all formats store metadata.
    Many of the stuff stored in them is slightly different for the format. Such as exposure, ISO, camera type, etc. Even serial numbers of the device used.
    If equipped, it can take down GPS data. There is away of removing it, but there's also away to remove it just by right clicking on the file and going to
    properties. Then "Details" and on the bottom "Remove metadata and Personal Information.
    3. If you have a unique pet, be very, very careful. If you have posted normal pictures anywhere, like facebook, twitter, ect., do not post him here or anywhere zoo themed. Even if you delete the social media pics, it's too late. ( Familiarize yourself with Reverse Image Search, what it is, and how it can be used against you )

4. Be careful with the information you post. Anyone with enough patience can piece together little things through pictures, descriptions, email addresses, anything to pinpoint who you are.

5. Use an email that is not attached to anything. Do not use real name, and do not setup a password recovery phone number or alternate email. Make yourself an absolute stand alone free email account and do not use it for anything else but zoo. Not even furry or fursuit related sites or accounts.

ONLINE SECURITY
    1. Public IP addresses can be used to track your general location. We Recommend a VPN service like Nord VPN to mask your IP. ALWAYS USE VPN!

2. Use Strong Passwords on your ZooVille Account.

3. Use an Encrypted email service like protonmail.com vs the large ones like yahoo.com or gmail.com for zoo related activity.

4. Whatsapp and Discord are NOT recommended services for private off-site chat. They have been known to be leaked and report info on users.

5. Telegram and Signal are considered safe in of themselves, however always used a VPN when logging onto telegram and also be wary of phishing for your IP address with external HTML links. This has been used before to catch users NOT using VPN on telegram or Signal.

6. Public telegram links to group chats are allowed here on zooville if you own a group (see site rules), however be aware that bestiality is illegal in many countries. Law enforcement can phish users out into private chats is a common way to trace and doxx your identity. TRUST and RESPONSIBILITY is on your hands for whomever private chats you join.

Comment

One more thing: It is imperative that you use a quality VPN that does not store data or communications
      logs. Just in case that a government agency demands the VPN provider to reveal logs, users
      can be exposed. It is also important that the VPN implements proper load balancing and server
      randomization so that users always connect to a different VPN server.

Concerning TOR, I gotta tell you Tor was created in conjunction with the U.S. Navy and
      is still used by many government agencies. This could potentially lead to you being
      earmarked as a criminal type and having all of your online activity monitored...

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
        Sound advice, as always. Somethings came to mind as I was reading it:

Delete anything beast/zoo from the dropdown menu in your address bar;
        Delete anything beast/zoo from your hard drive, use a flash drive;
        Delete any beast/zoo shortcuts from your smartphone browser.
        Close your last tab.

I sometimes use my smartphone to peruse Zooville, and wondered what would happen if I was suddenly in a medical emergency, and a first responder woke up my phone to call my ICE number, and found a pic of some dude banging a sheep, or some chick getting nailed by a German Shepard.

Just my two cents.
        Good advice.

Comment

Working...
        X