• ZooVille Additional Cost's CLICK HERE
    Please Donate, Funding is critical to continue site operations.

Confusing/Conflicting Info on Spay/Neuter

UR20Z

Citizen of Zooville
So, on a side note after reading this, call me ignorant if you like but a non-intact female is impossible to have sex with correct? I've been looking it up and trying to find some sort article on intact females vs. spayed. I've become even more confused due to the different types of spaying a female can receive in general and curiosity has gotten the better of me.
In general, figure that a "spayed" bitch (the usual, but not universal, practice for a spay is removal of ovaries - there went all trace of sex drive - tubes, uterus, cervix, and usually at least part of the vagina, with the remains of the vagina stitched/sealed shut) will almost certainly have little or no interest in sex, and depending on how much of the vagina is taken, it may be physically impossible to insert a penis of any size into her without causing at least pain, if not damage or even fatal injury. Exceptions to this rule are possible, but should be considered EXTREMELY unusual. A wise person will consider a spayed bitch to be sexless.

A bitch who has had her tubes tied (AKA "Tubal ligation") will be so close to unchanged by the procedure that you might as well consider her untouched, except for the fact that she can be mated by as many fertile male dogs as she cares to stand for, but she won't ever catch pregnant unless the person who performed the operation fucked it up. Purely depending on her own whims, she may or may not be interested in sex with a human, exactly like an untouched bitch, but she will almost certainly accept being mated by a dog when she comes into heat. If she welcomes your sexual advances, you should be able (assuming no size problems get in the way) to mate with her in exactly the same ways you might if she were untouched, because essentially, she IS untouched - it's just that there's "a blockage in the plumbing" that keeps eggs and sperm form getting together.

A bitch who has had a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus and usually, but not always, the cervix and a portion of the vagina, with what remains of the vagina being stitched or otherwise sealed shut) will probably be unenthusiastic about sex, and depending on how much of the vagina was taken, may be physically incapable of accepting a penis without being injured severely, perhaps fatally. This is sometimes called an "ovary sparing spay", because the ovaries are left intact in her body, and will continue to operate as usual. Because she still has her ovaries - the source of the hormones that cause a bitch to have a sex drive at all - she may well come into heat, even though no amount of mating or AI will be able to make her pregnant. If and when she does come into heat, allowing a dog to mate with her is almost certainly a bad idea, since depending on how much of her vagina was taken, he could cause a fatal injury in the process of mating with her. (by tearing open the stub of her vagina as he instinctively drives as deep as he's capable of reaching) Likewise, she may or may not accept sexual advances from a human, the same as an untouched bitch, or one who has had a tubal ligation, but it might not be possible to insert a penis into her depending on how much of her vagina was removed.

A bitch who has had just her ovaries removed will be sterile, of course, and probably won't have any interest in sex, whether offered by a human or a dog, although there's no physical reason (unless it was done so early that her organs never had a chance to develop) she couldn't accept a penis on the off chance that she's interested enough to allow it. Which she probably won't be.

IHO

Tourist
The perfect thing to post here is that they are passing federal laws aganist zoophilia and no one in the whole 327 million people country opposes - https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/23/politics/house-passes-pact-act-trnd/index.html
In civilized world people would argue about the facts, but no .. The meat industry keeps doing their thing and any sexual with different species are denied and heavily punished.
Yes... hypocrites at work there.
We can raise them in horrible, crowded, unsanitary, abusive conditions only to kill them after a very short, miserable life to feed our fast-food addiction (wouldn't be so bad if we ate the recommended 3/4 grains/veggies, 1/4 meat portioning, and weren't so wasteful).
We can enslave them to labor for us only to kill them when they become too old or lame to work.
We can dress them up and/or teach them tricks and put them in front of a crowd for entertainment.
We can experiment on them for medicine and science (and you'll notice in the details of the PACT law - which is came about due to sicko/psycho "crush videos" - that there is an exception suggesting it's okay to crush an animal for medical or scientific reasons (WTF?).

BUT... don't you DARE have sex with them, even if the animal starts it and/or enjoys it and/or doesn't care if you do it. Yep. THAT is sick and wrong and abuse, cruelty, rape and exploitation. The whole zoosadism scandal didn't help much, either. The worst aspects of anything are always more sensationalized and in-your-face than the opposite.
I think a lot of the reason there is such a majority disgust with human+animal sex is mostly due to religion along with humans seeing themselves as "superior" to animals and nature (because we're so smart - lol), and for a person to have sex with an animal is "degrading". How dare you defile yourself by stooping to have sex with a "lesser being". Those dirty and diseased creatures (also BS). Which has led to all the other bullshit arguments such as "animals can't consent", which most of us know is a load of crap. Or animals only do it instinctually to reproduce, which really only loosely applies to animals in the wild, not domestic or those in zoos. Some "experts" say an intact animal in-season may come on to their owner sexually only if they do not have access to one of their own species, but I personally know this is bullshit; I have been involved in some dog breeding where they DID have access to their own kind and STILL showed sexual interest in their humans. And one of my personal favorites: sex with animals CAUSES disease and cancer, but if you actually do a little research (and scrape off the human bias), it's safer than having sex with humans (if your partner is healthy and taken care of).

Those that are venomously against consensual sex with animals are just a bunch of fucking uninformed, only-see/hear-what-they-want, hypocrites that can't get past their own "ew" about it. They can't relate-to or understand the attraction because they don't have it, just like a homophobe can't understand why a dude would wanna poke another dude. It's all unnatural, or immoral or against God, etc., etc. And they often don't get that being attracted to animals is not a "choice", you either are or you aren't. "Why can't you just find a person to fuck??"... in most cases we prefer our animal partners over human ones.

Okay. Rant over. :)

Last edited:

Lone

Lurker
In general, figure that a "spayed" bitch (the usual, but not universal, practice for a spay is removal of ovaries - there went all trace of sex drive - tubes, uterus, cervix, and usually at least part of the vagina, with the remains of the vagina stitched/sealed shut) will almost certainly have little or no interest in sex, and depending on how much of the vagina is taken, it may be physically impossible to insert a penis of any size into her without causing at least pain, if not damage or even fatal injury. Exceptions to this rule are possible, but should be considered EXTREMELY unusual. A wise person will consider a spayed bitch to be sexless.

A bitch who has had her tubes tied (AKA "Tubal ligation") will be so close to unchanged by the procedure that you might as well consider her untouched, except for the fact that she can be mated by as many fertile male dogs as she cares to stand for, but she won't ever catch pregnant unless the person who performed the operation fucked it up. Purely depending on her own whims, she may or may not be interested in sex with a human, exactly like an untouched bitch, but she will almost certainly accept being mated by a dog when she comes into heat. If she welcomes your sexual advances, you should be able (assuming no size problems get in the way) to mate with her in exactly the same ways you might if she were untouched, because essentially, she IS untouched - it's just that there's "a blockage in the plumbing" that keeps eggs and sperm form getting together.

A bitch who has had a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus and usually, but not always, the cervix and a portion of the vagina, with what remains of the vagina being stitched or otherwise sealed shut) will probably be unenthusiastic about sex, and depending on how much of the vagina was taken, may be physically incapable of accepting a penis without being injured severely, perhaps fatally. This is sometimes called an "ovary sparing spay", because the ovaries are left intact in her body, and will continue to operate as usual. Because she still has her ovaries - the source of the hormones that cause a bitch to have a sex drive at all - she may well come into heat, even though no amount of mating or AI will be able to make her pregnant. If and when she does come into heat, allowing a dog to mate with her is almost certainly a bad idea, since depending on how much of her vagina was taken, he could cause a fatal injury in the process of mating with her. (by tearing open the stub of her vagina as he instinctively drives as deep as he's capable of reaching) Likewise, she may or may not accept sexual advances from a human, the same as an untouched bitch, or one who has had a tubal ligation, but it might not be possible to insert a penis into her depending on how much of her vagina was removed.

A bitch who has had just her ovaries removed will be sterile, of course, and probably won't have any interest in sex, whether offered by a human or a dog, although there's no physical reason (unless it was done so early that her organs never had a chance to develop) she couldn't accept a penis on the off chance that she's interested enough to allow it. Which she probably won't be.
Informative and from reading it all together, common sense I suppose. Curiosity struck when I realized how many ways a spay can be done. Thank you.

fuzzy

Lurker
I'm an interloper here however, I'm going to respond.

First: There is RISUG, this is a supposed "experimental" sterilization procedure for male dogs. It works by injecting what is called Vasgel into the vas deferens preventing impregnation. It's been tested for over 40 years now in India on people, and more recently on animals, it seems to be entirely reversible, it appears to be better than a reversible vasectomy.

You can find more information here: https://www.parsemus.org/ - there's a great deal of resistance toward this going through FDA trials because it removes the need for the human birth control pill.

For female dogs you have to be aware of pyometra, and this may also be a risk for all female animals. You have to research it. There are medical benefits for a uterectomy and with female dogs, it's almost a requirement at some point. A veternarian would have to discuss that but it is certain a female dog that never goes through pregnancy will eventually experience it and it's likely to kill her if her lifespan gets into the teens.

Second: somebody brought up politics, and that is an area which I'm intensely interested and why I went through the trouble of creating an account.

The United States is bombarded by propaganda, and more than a few Americans realize this. What is unfortunate is most Europeans are entirely unaware their "news" is propaganda. The trouble with believing you are smarter or more educated than another, is that it allows you to slack off on becoming more intelligent and more educated. This infects a large part of the world. You are told you are "superior" to keep you inferior.

For all of you: Ukraine did not have a revolution, it had a US led coup. Turkey also faced a coup which Erdogan defeated - this coup was also US led and was instigated when Turkey normalized realions with Russia in order to prevent the Turkish stream - a natural gas pipeline. Assad never used chemical weapons against his own civilian population, that was a false flag the west created (CIA/Mossad/Mi6 - who knows?) in order to justify bombing the nation so that it could be taken over by the west. Genie Energy signed an agreement with Israel in 2013 to mine the oil of the Golan Heights - you might want to look up who is on the "strategic board of directors" of Genie Energy. The attack on Syria was a bonus that Russia's only Middle Eastern base is in Syria.

The Ukraine coup was done to prevent the Nordstream and Nordstream II. This is merely economic competition between the United States and Russia. The USSR is gone, if the nominal "leaders" of the EU cared about economic welfare of Europe, they would be allies with Russia, not the United States, which has been run by an outright mafia since George H. Bush - 1988.

The EU was a CIA creation but also in co-operation with the British and the German intelligence agencies. The citizens of this construct have no actual freedom, not even freedom of speech. Brexit will never happen, Christine Legarde is a puppet that is Europe's true nominal leader, Russia is not expansionist, nor is it a threat to the EU. Also LePen is more popular than Macron, however she will not be allowed to ascend to the presidency. It's is the old Eastern block that protects its citizens, the EU is entirely run by traitors to their people.

The US created the refugees by bombing north Africa, the Middle East, and East Asia, that is why there is a refugee influx. There is no condemnation of the United States for doing this, because the EU is entirely controlled by the United States and all of Europe is run by traitors. It appears the goal is to exterminate that European population as a whole.

There's a direct link for intelligence/creativity and paraphillia, which many of you may be unaware of. I give you this lecture that 99% of you will ignore in the hopes you'll realize what is going on. Probably a wasted effort.

Be kind to your animals. I have met true monsters. It wasn't a good idea for my sanity to see what existed because anything you can think up does actually exist. I never have encouraged harm. I hope you do not either, affection and kindness certainly trumps cruelty. And if there is a hell, I hope the sadists burn in it.

I had two dogs, they both lived to around 16, I'm done. I will forever miss them, and I will never go through that emotional toll again.

Doggiedays84

Tourist
I’m a complete fan of spay/neuter. Really it’s up to you. For me I do it at 6 months. Shelters do it as soon as they get the puppies. Make the most educated you can. Talk to your vet.