(NON ZOO THREAD) Umm...

Pillar

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
I just had a weird experience earlier. So much so that I couldn't stop thinking about this. Now, I was debating about whether or not I would even post this, but here goes...

Now, I won't get into too many details, but I was at the mall earlier in the day. Now these two chicks come up to a guy sitting by himself, and long story short, after some long conversation with him the two ladies decide to give the guy a double handjob in one of the restrooms. Now, while they were doing this, they were all having another conversation. Casually. Like nothing was wrong. Just talking like ordinary people.

This led me to think... Is sex a social thing? Or part of a social life? Or both. (I am beginning to think this is probably why I have never really had much sex at all...)

I believe sex is less social than it should be. I believe in casual intimacy as a form of sharing love and pleasure with each other without the complicated boundaries of relationships. I think if more people where open to sex as a social act there would be more instances like that above, and I believe humankind would benefit from it. That being said, I think of sex as it is now is becoming more social and depending on where you are I could definitely see things like this happening more often.

Pillar

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
I believe sex is less social than it should be. I believe in casual intimacy as a form of sharing love and pleasure with each other without the complicated boundaries of relationships. I think if more people where open to sex as a social act there would be more instances like that above, and I believe humankind would benefit from it. That being said, I think of sex as it is now is becoming more social and depending on where you are I could definitely see things like this happening more often.
The issue with it being social is that I'm not a sociable person. TBH it kind of pushes me away from it altogether.

KNOTTYBOYZ

Citizen of Zooville
I guess I can definatey see it being a social thing as much as a romantic thing as well. There has been times where me and a friend (or friends) were into the same things and after we had instilled trust in one another at a certain point we were comfortable with exploring sex with one another as well, both zoo and non-zoo play. Its really how you want to approach it I guess and if it's something that makes you too uncomfortable to just explore with any friend you have that's absolutely fine and your choice. Not like sex should be a prerequisit for friendships and social gatherings anyways, just something fun others can bond over with one another.

Andriodog

Citizen of Zooville
Well, there are lots of sex parties well thst exist everywhere. Just got to know the right people. It has the elements of a social gathering so i believe that sex can be social in some settings.

JasonP88

Zooville Settler
Hope the dude tried the lottery after that, damn. I've never even had a random woman approach me and flirt, much less offer me a handy with her friend. lol

Pillar

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
Yeah, it was a rare sight. Maybe they were trying something new or just hooking up. TBH I think those two chicks were bi and wanted to try something different.

Tgzoogirl

Zooville Settler
Hope the dude tried the lottery after that, damn. I've never even had a random woman approach me and flirt, much less offer me a handy with her friend. lol
If humans were more accepting of their sexuality and didn't feel shame about sex then more sexual things would happen like that I'm sure.

I wish we were a more pansexual society like the ancient Romans were. They didn't think in terms of gay or straight or bi or even age or gender. None of that mattered to them. They were the opposite of shameful about sex.

We have too much sexual shame in our society today. It sucks.

Pillar

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
If humans were more accepting of their sexuality and didn't feel shame about sex then more sexual things would happen like that I'm sure.

I wish we were a more pansexual society like the ancient Romans were. They didn't think in terms of gay or straight or bi or even age or gender. None of that mattered to them. They were the opposite of shameful about sex.

We have too much sexual shame in our society today. It sucks.
You can thank those "moralist" prudes and religion for that. Maybe it was also a hookup for all I know.

JasonP88

Zooville Settler
I think it was more the Greeks that had the 'fuck anything that moves' mentality. They did practice pederasty on an official level, to the point where it was like a internship, and required to advance in life (not cool). Almost seems like male/male relationships were considered more important in a lot of ways. Women were expected to be shut-in breeders though (also not cool).

The Romans were similar in a lot of ways, but they had some odd rules on homosexuality. Basically the top was the only acceptable, manly position. The bottom HAD to be of lower status, a boy, slave, etc. Plus, again, they were shitty as hell to their women. If I remember right, they didn't even get real names so much as feminized versions of the family name. Plus their whole economy was built on the back of widespread slavery.

Let's just be like the bonobos. Got a problem? Fuck it out.

Panda Chen

Tourist
I think some treat sex as a social thing, especially teenagers seem to do this.
Society seemed to be going that way during the free love movement but then the waves of STDs started showing up and that just kind of went out. Which is really the greatest inhibitor right now as far as I am concerned. How many want to play Russian roulette with genitals.
Also there are some that just do not find anything alluring or attractive about having multiple partners. Like me who prefers to have a deep connection with one, rather than a quick thrill with many.

Pillar

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
I think some treat sex as a social thing, especially teenagers seem to do this.
Society seemed to be going that way during the free love movement but then the waves of STDs started showing up and that just kind of went out. Which is really the greatest inhibitor right now as far as I am concerned. How many want to play Russian roulette with genitals.
Also there are some that just do not find anything alluring or attractive about having multiple partners. Like me who prefers to have a deep connection with one, rather than a quick thrill with many.
To each their own. :)