• ZooVille Additional Cost's CLICK HERE
    Please Donate, Funding is critical to continue site operations.

[ZOOVILLE CHAT]

dogluver101

Give a dog a bone
Staff member
ZOOVILLE CHAT
This chat is very unique to how most chats have been. This provides better security and encryption to give our members peace of mind.
Members can have the option of using a software based app, or using the web based client to access the chat.

If you don't want to use those, you can always use our Web Based chat - Click here (The forum and the chat is separate, usernames will not be on the chat server, unless you register it.)

MEMBERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO IGNORE PMS. ASK BEFORE DMING WHEN IN ROOMS.

The main room #main:beast.chat
Our other official rooms:
#mediadump:beast.chat (Mostly any animals, any gender)
#mmedia:beast.chat (Men and animals)
#meme:beast.chat (for your daily laughs)
#faq:beast.chat (Zoo questions and tips)
#tech:beast.chat (Tech and science talk)
#flirt:beast.chat (The Love Shack)

Below is a guide to using the Desktop version and mobile app of the chat... (This is NOT required. If you don't want to use these, you're always welcome to use the chat which opens in your web browser.)
If you want to use a software based app to connect, look below.

The software to use to access this server is Riot IM. You'll have to use the server name in the server field "https://beast.chat" (without the quotes of course)
Once you click save - You can then click sign up and enter in a username (The forum and the chat is separate, usernames will not be on the chat server, unless you register it.)
An email/phone number is NOT required. An email is only for if you've forgotten your password. In case you forget your password and haven't placed an email, there is not away at this time to retrieve a reset.
UPDATE: There is a possibility of retrieving a password reset. You will need to contact me to get it reset if you need to)

Picture 1:
Open first opening the Riot program for your desktop/laptop environment. Click on "change" by the server called Matrix. This needs to be changed in order to access our chat.
If you end up on another network. They will not be of help getting you to the right place.
riotsignin.png
Be sure to click the Advanced section to get to the custom server portion. (See second image which shows when creating an account)

Picture 2:

noid.png
This is where you will enter your username.
An email and phone number is NOT required. An email however is only required if you need to reset your password...
Remember, if you forget your password, you may not be able to get back in... The way the server is setup, we do not have away of resetting passwords.

Picture 3; Your login should look like this. Once you have an account. You can login with the username you created. (NOTE: If you changed your display name in the chat, you will still need to use the account username you signed up with to sign in.)

Once you're logged in. Click "Explore" on the top left corner which is normally under your username. This will pop up a list of rooms available for you to join. (See image below for an example of its location)
riotsignin.png

To join a room. Click the "Explore" button located at the top. Here's an example.
explore.png

Mobile App

To use the mobile app, simply download the Riot application from the app store.
Then open up and create a username if you haven't created one already for the chat.
Be sure to tap on the advance tab (Use custom server options) and put in the server address (Home Server URL) https://beast.chat
image_27757.jpg

Screenshot_20190927-200107_Riotim.jpg
This is what you would normally see once you're logged in... If this is your first time on the chat. You won't have as many channels. To view more channels. Simply click the "#" and view the list of rooms below. To join a room, simply tap the room and tap "join."

MAKING A CHANNEL.
Making a room is a pretty straight forward process... Follow this guide to see how to setup and configure your new room.

When you first login, you'll see on the left side a list pane of "people, rooms, and invites" Next to rooms click on the + symbol.
Then you'll see this box appear.

riotroomcreate.png

After putting in a room name and a topic (optional) you can make the room public in the room directory by selecting to toggle.
Under "Show advanced"
This will let you select if you want to block users from other servers from joining. As our server is locked down and no other servers can connect. It's best to have this option selected anyway.

Once you're in the new room after selecting "Create room"
Select the gear icon on the top right side or click on the room name and you'll be greeted with this window.

riotroomcreate.png

Under the room name and topic. You'll see "Room addresses"
This allows you to create an address to give to members to join the room via a link.
To create a room link. You can use any name, or the channel name.
For example: #roomname:beast.chat
The entire name of the server has to be included as this identifies where the room is.
Remember, #roomname can be any name. Just be sure to include the "#" and :beast.chat at the end of the name.

Flair:
Flair is basically a little icon that's placed on your name as you type in rooms.
As we don't have a community list showing what to join. You can be able to select on a flair icon that's on a persons name. Then select "Join community"
As you selected a community/flair. Go to your profile > Settings > and select "Flair" You'll be greeted with a list of communities you joined.
Select which you would like displayed.

IF YOU'RE VIEWING THIS ON MOBILE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN AND TURN ON A FLAIR ON THE MOBILE APP. Nothing we can do to fix that, as we don't develop the app.

Our list of communities on beast.chat

+pmfr:beast.chat +paw:beast.chat +fortunecookie:beast.chat +hoof:beast.chat +mare:beast.chat +trans:beast.chat +pride:beast.chat +bi:beast.chat +furry:beast.chat +nodm:beast.chat +sows:beast.chat +donkey:beast.chat
(NOTE: These links will open in the mobile chat window, or the riot program if you have one installed.)

Last edited:

HisPet

Lurker
So, I didn't check the advanced box in the Riot app. Should I just deactivate and start over or is there a way to change it? Please help. Thank you!

Wargasm

Tourist
What about of encryption of a room? It is written that once enabled, encryption cannot be disabled. As far as you know, if enabled it will affect in any kind the room functionality?

dogluver101

Give a dog a bone
Staff member
What about of encryption of a room? It is written that once enabled, encryption cannot be disabled. As far as you know, if enabled it will affect in any kind the room functionality?
The only thing that would be effected would be that any new person that joins wouldn't be able to see any messages since they do not have the encryption keys... Even if you verify the new person that joins, they still can't see the previous messages. (That is if your room setting is set to show past messages in the first place for new comers.)

There's one thing the rooms have which is "integrations" which basically is like mods/robots to add to a room... It doesn't work globally, so no need to worry about it.

I had this on previously when the chat first started, but you had to verify each and every single person. Which is a real headache and some users may not be able to know how to do it. So its left up to anyone else that wants to start their own room with that.

ferritlove

Citizen of Zooville
Down for me too.

Oops, i should have read the upgrade thread before commenting. Looks like it might go into Saturday :) thanks for meeping chat alive and well for us!

Last edited:

thebestguy

Citizen of Zooville
Down for me too.

I cannot for the life of me get this to work on the mobile. I can log-in and regular but when I pointed to Beast chat it says invalid username and password. Anybody got any ideas?

dogluver101

Give a dog a bone
Staff member
I cannot for the life of me get this to work on the mobile. I can log-in and regular but when I pointed to Beast chat it says invalid username and password. Anybody got any ideas?
Seems like you're logging in on matrix's server when you say its working, but not when you point it to beast.chat... It needs to be pointed to beast.chat. As it states in the example on the images. If you hit create account, be sure the advanced box is checked and its showing https://beast.chat

Chat hasn't worked for me in a while now. If I create a new account it says userID already exists. but the password doesn't work anymore, and it won't permit password changes or resets.. so..... stuck.

charliemenza

Tourist
ZOOVILLE CHAT
This chat is very unique to how most chats have been. This provides better security and encryption to give our members peace of mind.
Members can have the option of using a software based app, or using the web based client to access the chat.

Below is a guide to using the Desktop version and mobile app of the chat... If you don't want to use those, you can always use our Web Based chat - Click here (The forum and the chat is separate, usernames will not be on the chat server, unless you register it.)

The main room #main:beast.chat
Our other official rooms:
#mediadump:beast.chat (Mostly any animals, any gender)
#mmedia:beast.chat (Men and animals)
#meme:beast.chat (for your daily laughs)
#faq:beast.chat (Zoo questions and tips)
#tech:beast.chat (Tech and science talk)
#flirt:beast.chat (The Love Shack)

If you want to use a software based app to connect, look below.

The software to use to access this server is Riot IM. You'll have to use the server name in the server field "https://beast.chat" (without the quotes of course)
Once you click save - You can then click sign up and enter in a username (The forum and the chat is separate, usernames will not be on the chat server, unless you register it.)
An email/phone number is NOT required. An email is only for if you've forgotten your password. In case you forget your password and haven't placed an email, there is not away at this time to retrieve a reset.
UPDATE: There is a possibility of retrieving a password reset. You will need to contact me to get it reset if you need to)

Picture 1:
Open first opening the Riot program for your desktop/laptop environment. Click on "change" by the server called Matrix. This needs to be changed in order to access our chat.
If you end up on another network. They will not be of help getting you to the right place.
View attachment 16
Be sure to click the Advanced section to get to the custom server portion. (See second image which shows when creating an account)

Picture 2:

View attachment 17
This is where you will enter your username.
An email and phone number is NOT required. An email however is only required if you need to reset your password...
Remember, if you forget your password, you may not be able to get back in... The way the server is setup, we do not have away of resetting passwords.

Picture 3; Your login should look like this. Once you have an account. You can login with the username you created. (NOTE: If you changed your display name in the chat, you will still need to use the account username you signed up with to sign in.)

Once you're logged in. Click "Explore" on the top left corner which is normally under your username. This will pop up a list of rooms available for you to join. (See image below for an example of its location)
View attachment 18

To join a room. Click the "Explore" button located at the top. Here's an example.
View attachment 2098

Mobile App

To use the mobile app, simply download the Riot application from the app store.
Then open up and create a username if you haven't created one already for the chat.
Be sure to tap on the advance tab (Use custom server options) and put in the server address (Home Server URL) https://beast.chat
View attachment 19

View attachment 20
This is what you would normally see once you're logged in... If this is your first time on the chat. You won't have as many channels. To view more channels. Simply click the "#" and view the list of rooms below. To join a room, simply tap the room and tap "join."

MAKING A CHANNEL.
Making a room is a pretty straight forward process... Follow this guide to see how to setup and configure your new room.

When you first login, you'll see on the left side a list pane of "people, rooms, and invites" Next to rooms click on the + symbol.
Then you'll see this box appear.

View attachment 19491

After putting in a room name and a topic (optional) you can make the room public in the room directory by selecting to toggle.
Under "Show advanced"
This will let you select if you want to block users from other servers from joining. As our server is locked down and no other servers can connect. It's best to have this option selected anyway.

Once you're in the new room after selecting "Create room"
Select the gear icon on the top right side or click on the room name and you'll be greeted with this window.

View attachment 19492

Under the room name and topic. You'll see "Room addresses"
This allows you to create an address to give to members to join the room via a link.
To create a room link. You can use any name, or the channel name.
For example: #roomname:beast.chat
The entire name of the server has to be included as this identifies where the room is.
Remember, #roomname can be any name. Just be sure to include the "#" and :beast.chat at the end of the name.

Flair:
Flair is basically a little icon that's placed on your name as you type in rooms.
As we don't have a community list showing what to join. You can be able to select on a flair icon that's on a persons name. Then select "Join community"
As you selected a community/flair. Go to your profile > Settings > and select "Flair" You'll be greeted with a list of communities you joined.
Select which you would like displayed.

IF YOU'RE VIEWING THIS ON MOBILE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN AND TURN ON A FLAIR ON THE MOBILE APP. Nothing we can do to fix that, as we don't develop the app.

Our list of communities on beast.chat

+pmfr:beast.chat +paw:beast.chat +fortunecookie:beast.chat +hoof:beast.chat +mare:beast.chat +trans:beast.chat +pride:beast.chat +bi:beast.chat +furry:beast.chat +nodm:beast.chat +sows:beast.chat +donkey:beast.chat
(NOTE: These links will open in the mobile chat window, or the riot program if you have one installed.)
I can't make this work....

i click on the webchat and it takes me to riot. It then asks me to sign, which i click. A box appears with my my name and password and i have to click to sign it. I click and it says user name or password not recognised. Both name and password are what i used to create this account

i click on the webchat and it takes me to riot. It then asks me to sign, which i click. A box appears with my my name and password and i have to click to sign it. I click and it says user name or password not recognised. Both name and password are what i used to create this account
You have to register for a separate account on the chat server, your forum account isn't linked to it in any way.